Lets roll!

Page 1 of 16
During the Colorado shooting, wasn't there one person who said "Oh, well, I'm dead anyway" and charged, and tackled the shooter? Or did they all run ad hide? I guess not?
On 7/21/2012 7:14 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

I think it's a little unfair to ask that of civilians. They thought they were going to a movie.
But one guy with a CC permit and a clear line of fire might have saved some lives that day.
On 7/21/2012 7:26 PM, Richard wrote:

Problem is - such a person would not likely have been going to see that movie at midnight...

Aurora Theatre Gun-Free Zone
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Hollywood/2012/07/20/Ebert-Gun-Free - Theater-Proves-Concealed-Carry-Doesnt-Work
beware the wordwrap
Terry wrote:

If you surround the link in "< >" it won't wrap for the reader. Example:
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Hollywood/2012/07/20/Ebert-Gun-Free-Theater-Proves-Concealed-Carry-Doesnt-Work

Which will only come back to bite them on the ass in the end... By restricting the patrons ability to defend themselves using personally carried lawful firearms the theater assumes the duty-of-care to ensure it's patrons safety to offset that restriction it chose to impose upon its patrons...
Also I don't believe that there is any such policy in effect which is zero exceptions... Off-duty law enforcement officers are often required by law to be armed at all times, the private property owner could not legally refuse such a person entry or purchase of goods... If the theater makes that one exception then legally they can not bar anyone else in lawful possession of a firearm entry as that would be a discriminatory policy and restricting citizen's constitutional rights and offers the establishment no protection from criminals who illegally carry weapons in violation of the law, let alone the policies of some store or business...
It sounds like the theater employees were asleep at the switch as rear exit doors are frequently monitored at all times to prevent "theft of services" where one person in a group buys a ticket and then opens the exit door to admit their friends whom have not paid... A teenaged usher with acne and a flashlight could have foiled this incident during the several minutes it would have taken the suspect to unpack and put on all the gear and weapons he had stowed away in his car...
But no one checked the door the suspect exited through and left propped open so he could re-enter the exit to initiate his attack...

Yo have any kind of actual documentation to back that up?

Not one single peer-reviewed paper was noted among these.

peer-reviewed and journal-published research. I also got a big kick out of every article where they started out with a figure of many millions on the medication, and then coming up with one instance every few years where it was an "issue".

And oddly of course, if one searches for 'children, drugs, mass shootings' oddly youi get 100% correlation on the hits.
Harry K

That is even remotely relevant how?

Please cite the relevant case law in Colorado.

Please cite the relevant case law in Colorado.
I don't think you can.
-- Doug
Oren wrote:

Of course, the fact that he beat the crap out of several cops had nothing to do with it. The initial broadcast showed him kicking punching and pounding on cops, till backup arrived. MSM edited that part out for the replay a few minutes later.
Gunner Asch wrote:

Operative word, "concealed". If it is concealed, how are the theater flunkys to know someone is entering with one?
--

dadiOH
____________________________

End result. they're dead now. No undo. Some laws should not be followed. Laws which go against logic. Just because something is made a law, does NOT make it a just/right law. Following it becuase it's a law, until you can "change" it, is the sheeple mentality. And as you can see, that can get you killed these days.
--
I don't need no arms around me. And I dont need no drugs to calm me. I
have seen the writing on the wall. Don't think I need anything at all. No!
Dustin wrote:

Sad part is, the 'hero' might spend his life in prison for doing the right thing to save his life or others.

While certainly possible, because they've broken the law by keeping themselves armed; I wouldn't think any district attorney in that area would follow thru if he had saved lives.
Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.
I'm not trying to make lite of what happened either. I'm deeply saddened by the individuals acts. No reason to have shot those people.
--
I don't need no arms around me. And I dont need no drugs to calm me. I
have seen the writing on the wall. Don't think I need anything at all.
I can easily imagine a DA prosecuting armed citizen who saved lives.

While certainly possible, because they've broken the law by keeping themselves armed; I wouldn't think any district attorney in that area would follow thru if he had saved lives.
On Sun, 22 Jul 2012 14:57:02 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"

This isn't the UK.

Of course. You don't know how to quote and respond, so I can imagine you're imagination is wild. Peter pan wild.

Learn to quote properly.. Signatures go at the bottom of your messages...
You're using a client that can do this. You're actually doing this stupid shit by hand.
--
I don't need no arms around me. And I dont need no drugs to calm me. I
have seen the writing on the wall. Don't think I need anything at all. No!

Is there a difference?