Lets Black Out the USA

Page 1 of 3
OK people. The entire USA is having a heat spell. This means everyone will be turning on their air conditioners, fans and everything else electrical. Of course, as always, screw your neighbor. They dont need to stay cool, just YOU. Remember, YOU are the center of the universe, so hoard your electricity. Use as much as you can. Turn on every electrical device in your home, and dont forget all the power tools and other devices in your garage. Turn it ALL on. Hoarde, and hoarde more. Lets see if we can black out the entire USA.
Okay, class. Time for your spelling lesson:
To store a way a chest of golden treasure is to 'hoard'. A "horde" of filthy pirates might steal what you stored.
You just can't have it both ways, though.
(And as far as the crankiness, well, if the PoCos would beef up the grid a bit rather than play the stock market so much, perhaps there'd be no problem)
Nice and cool here in the Sonoran desert. We've had the AC off for a few days now, and my rainwater storage is close to full capacity. I'm still screwing my neighbor, though. Tom fred@_______.com wrote:

I live in the central part of the US, where it's hottest now. The latest electric bill may be the only one I've ever gotten (yet) that's over $200.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com
Mark Lloyd wrote in message

Yes, we just finished with that in CA. It was the hottest that I can remember, and the electric bill (and I live in a fairly small house under 1300 feet) was $434.00. Needless to say, I signed up for the year round bill today that makes it the same price every month, and then they will reconcile it one way or another every June.
Cheri
tom posted for all of us... I don't top post - see either inline or at bottom.

Is he good?
--
Tekkie

fred@_______.com wrote:

Hi, Little inconvenient in the heat spell? Nothing compared to people dying in Lebanon by Isralis bombing. And in Israel by Hezbollah Katusha barrage.
On Mon, 31 Jul 2006 05:42:58 -0500, fred@_______.com wrote:

...and don't foget to get out there and pound the pavement to protest every time the utility companies want to build a powerplant. No one wants one near their house, and everyone expects the power companies to just keep increasing output.

And make sure you work especially hard to stop windmill farms, etc.

You're right, I forgot that one. Big issue here in Long Island.

Where are they putting them? East end?
On Tue, 01 Aug 2006 14:11:42 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"

I've heard many different places, but the latest one I read about was many miles off the shore between Robert Moses and Jones beach.

That'll make great structure for fishing!
says...

??
Hoarding electricity would require charging batteries (or something like that).
And I don't get the rant about power tools..
Banty

Neither does the idiot who wrote it. :-) But, there *is* some value in his post. It helps us understand who was responsible for electing an amoeba to the White House.
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

Ah, lib-turd, John Fraud Kerry lost. Do try to stay current.

Non sequitur. Binary thinking is unpatriotic.
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

For a non sequitur.

Then stop it, lib-turd.

Is it safe to assume that you would let your president teach your children?
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

Before I'd let them get within ten feet of your lib-turd ass.