Let me belabor the 12 gauge -> 14 guage discussion

Page 2 of 2

I guess you aren't following very closely, either. His question also asked why he couldn't use 14 gauge wire, and yet the fixture contained smaller wire. "If they can, why can't I ?" He wanted to know why what was inside the fixture was exempt.