Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow ! ! !

Just like the lyrics to the old sone, I'm looking forward tot he snow tonight. Bought a new snowblower when Lowed had the 15% off sale. It sits in the garage, gassed up and ready to go. Predictions are 5 to 8 inches overnight.
I'm also hoping that it is the last snow of the winter, but I doubt that is going to happen.

I am so happy for you.
I want you to get the maximum benefit from your new toy so you can have my snow for this winter.
Colbyt
On 10/29/2011 1:49 PM, Colbyt wrote:

+1
On 10/29/2011 2:21 PM, John wrote:

Only plus side of early snow, is it gives a plausible excuse to give up on leaf raking.
--
aem sends....

On 10/29/2011 3:30 PM, aemeijers wrote:

You mean you don't have a jet engine sound level blower and spend two hours each day in the yard this time of year annoying the whole neighborhood? We have two neighbors that do that. I just run over them with the mulching blade mower. The remains disappear after it rains.
On 10/29/2011 4:22 PM, George wrote:

I mulch as many as I can, but if I don't herd SOME of them to the tree line, there are just too many. Mower vanishes in a brown cloud, and you can't even see the grass under the debris, even after multiple passes. 80-100 foot mature trees generate a LOT of leaves, and they don't do it all at once. Of course, Ma Nature took down several of my elderly trees, along with several thousand others on this end of town, in the Memorial Day weekend storm. So I will have a little less to rake this year. The one big tree still laying in my yard is still green, though, even with most of the roots seperated.
--
aem sends...

I dont rake,figure if its good enough lying arround in the fertile woods it's good enough to ly arround on my lawn

I had it on questionable authority that it was sprinkled wit yellow snow.

On Sat, 29 Oct 2011 22:19:23 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"

Got power back about 9:30 PM. Problem is, we are in the area of little snow. Barely a half inch so far, so new toy will sit a while longer it seems. Most melted on contact.
Ed Pawlowskio wrote:

Hi, Have fun. I am putting winter tires on my car this week end. Yard is vacuumed for the last time. Mowed and fertilized the lawn. Emptied rain barrels. It can snow now.
On 10/29/2011 1:39 PM, Ed Pawlowskio wrote:

4" here so far and it is heavy and sticky. So the snow blower won't be used today.

Get yourself a little single stage for that stuff. My 18" electric toro throws slush as far as most 2-stage blowers throw powder.
[I still use my 1980ish Franken-blower 10HP for the dry stuff-- but mostly because it doesn't have a cord and it's wider.
Jim
On 10/29/2011 6:32 PM, Jim Elbrecht wrote:

We seldom get wet snow. Usually it is just the last storm of the season. Today's snow is a one month early event. It is forecast to be 50 on Tuesday.

A snowblower for 5-8 inches!? How big is yer driveway? Four acres?
I'm new to snowy Winters but, 8" is a piece of cake and a good physical workout with a shovel. I shovel about every 4" while snowing. Being a gas engine freak, I'd be tempted to a pwr blower, but only have to worry about our deck and the yard is small rock gravel. It'd kill a pwr blower in 60 secs.
It's been 3 yrs, but I think I finally have my Winter apparel dialed in. Got my Sorels, Polertec, and down jacket. Maybe a wool sweater or two to clinch it. It's snowed twice, this season, and I love it. Bring it! ;)
nb
--
vi ....the heart of evil!

I shoveled for 60+ years and prefer to have a machine do the tough stuff now. Bought this with my first Social Security check.
The really tough part is the end of the driveway where the town plow compresses and piles the snow.
I also have a remote starter for my car so I don't have to freeze my ass off for long on cold mornings.

Ah yes, that plow berm! I live right on a major highway in Eastern Washington. The state is kind enough to donate 20 ft of highway snow into my drive. That stuff just does not blow off easily, packs when the plow roostertail lands and is commonly wet from the deicer.
Harry K

Beats the crap outta my obviously older Toyota where there's an interlock on the manual transmission's clutch requiring me to push in clutch to start. Obviously a case of asshole control freaks professing to be concerned with my safety versus newer techno freaks claiming to having my convenience in mind. IOW, the company vs the govt, neither taking my own desires into consideration. ;)
nb

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a292/turnkey4099/Snowman.jpg
This ad didn't get any takers.
Harry K