Length of shutoff valve tube

I'm replacing the shutoff valves in an old, broken kitchen sink. When I cut off the old ones, there was such a tiny stub left, I feel as if I need to extend it forward so I can use them easier. Is it okay to lengthen that stub about 6"? It's a 1/2" copper line.

I'm installing a new sink and faucet too, the supply lines are no problem. This is more for comfort and convenience in the future.

Reply to
edfan

Sure

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Great thing about water, it'll flow about anyway it's directed (and sometimes where it isn't!). as long as you can live with where your planning to put the shut-offs, go for it. I hope your 'tiny stub' is enough to work with. (is your wife happy with the situation?!)

Reply to
mwlogs

A while back I had to do some kitchen sink faucet work and there was so much junk under the sink that I went for real convenience and simply moved the shutoff valves to the basement. Not only that, I used stop and waste types to minimize the dribbles for future repairs. It won't work in every case, but saved me some later hassles.

Joe

Reply to
Joe Bobst