Length of shutoff valve tube

I'm replacing the shutoff valves in an old, broken kitchen sink. When I cut off the old ones, there was such a tiny stub left, I feel as if I need to extend it forward so I can use them easier. Is it okay to lengthen that stub about 6"? It's a 1/2" copper line.
I'm installing a new sink and faucet too, the supply lines are no problem. This is more for comfort and convenience in the future.
edfan wrote:

Sure
--
Ed
snipped-for-privacy@snet.net

<< I need to extend it forward so I can use them easier. >>
A while back I had to do some kitchen sink faucet work and there was so much junk under the sink that I went for real convenience and simply moved the shutoff valves to the basement. Not only that, I used stop and waste types to minimize the dribbles for future repairs. It won't work in every case, but saved me some later hassles.
Joe