Legally Blonde

Is it just me, or has 99% of the female population taken on the nasally Valley Girl talk in the movie? Almost every commercial I hear, and lots of women have this extremely aggravating nasal twang. Nothing even like a good Southern belle drawl, but sounds like some California Valley Girl. It drives me nuts.
Steve

Isn't that the point ?

It's not just you. It's been a popular affectation with woman in their 20s and 30s for quite some time.

I too find it annoying.
On 8/1/2012 5:18 PM, CRNG wrote:

Me too.

Doesn't play at all in N. Texas
On Wednesday, August 1, 2012 4:09:55 PM UTC-5, Steve B wrote:

How about women (up to say 45yrs) that say "like" for every other word? Grrrrr!
Bob_Villa wrote the following on 8/1/2012 6:20 PM (ET):

or "He goes..." "She goes..." "I go..." for 'says' or 'said'? and every spoken statement with an upward inflection at the end, as if it was a question?
--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

You sure that was because of the change over or that they were just a bit overly rambunctious with their boy friends?

There isn't much dimmer than a blond (or Democrat) behind the wheel.

It wasn't because they were bright.

yes
Steve B wrote:

It's a selection modality. Vally Girl Twang (VGT) is a quick and precise method of disqualifying the young lady as a prospective mate.
In addition to grating to the ears, VGT is almost always accompanied by incessant and unendurable chatter ("Let me describe what every woman was wearing at the cat show...").
My personal tell is fingernail polish of psychedelic colors. The human male's brain is wired, science that uses real math tells us, to view anything other than red as putrid. Red is the color of blood and serves as confirmation that the female can rip flesh apart when making our evening meal. That gene was set 100,000 years ago.

Not so bad on an eight year-old.

Sounds dangerous, though.
On Wed, 1 Aug 2012 14:09:55 -0700, Steve B wrote:

Also, I hear a lot of young women make statements sound like questions by changing the pitch of the last word. Others will end sentences with a tired, gravelly sound in their voices.
--
Millions long for immortality who do not know what to do with
themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon. -- Susan Ertz