Left Handed Circular Saws, etc.

Let's see if we can get a lively and helpful discussion going as we start this New Year...
On the recommendation of a right-handed journeyman framer, I (also right-handed) purchased a left-side-blade circular saw made by Porter-Cable a few years ago. This saw is sometimes referred to as a left-handed circular saw. The main difference between this saw and your "typical" circular saw is that the blade is mounted on the left side of the motor, instead of the right. This means that when a right-handed person uses the saw, the blade, and therefore the cut line, is on the same side of the saw as your eyes. You don't have to crane your neck and look over the saw to see your cut line. I love this tool and wish I had learned about it years ago.
So, while using this saw the other day, I got to thinking - I wonder what other "outside of the norm" things people have found with regard to tools. You know - conventional practice says to do "this" but those in the know do "that".
Any tips/tricks you's like to share?
DerbyDad03 wrote:

how bout flippin the blade in a sawzall upside down? gives better control.

Yep, that works good. In fact, my Dewalt 18v cordless can mount the blade in all four directions. I find the sideways blade is great for cutting close to a wall in remodeling.
--
Dennis

Simple solution..... Use your RIGHT hand. Unless you are some sort of retard, you CAN do it.

Your post interests me and leads me to a quick question:
Do you have any idea what you are talking about?