LED Xmas Lights: Brightness Question

I recently purchased some LED "C-9"s for use outside. Every year I try this, and every year they are returned. Is there any type or brand that come close to the brightness of a standard incandescent C-9?? These clear LED's I just purchased are an off brand and some even have a yellowish cast. Thanks for help! Frank
frank1492 wrote:

You can get commercial grade LED C9 lamps from Action Lighting, but even those are not quite as bright as incandescent. LEDs have made great strides, but they are not quite there yet. The yellowish cast is not surprising, white LEDs consist of a blue LED chip coated with a yellow-orange emitting phosphor to give you something resembling white. The cheaper ones generally have poorer uniformity.
Personally I would look for the less bright lights. I like the softer, less gaudy look.
On Wed, 10 Dec 2008 07:27:34 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

About 15 years ago, everyone in this neighborhood put C9 incandescent lights around here. They were much too bright, as well as boring (considering lack of color).

Mark Lloyd

I have some around my yard. They don't light up the area nearly as much as the (C9) incandescents, but they show up well enough at night.
The small LEDs seem brighter on a tree, inside a lighted room.

All of mine (white LEDs) look bluish. I got mine at Wal-Mart.

Mark Lloyd
Thank you. Will check the Action website.