Led vs LCD TVs and 720 pixels vs 1080.

Page 3 of 7

I like this line: " If you sue me, the case will go to judgment, and I will hold the court's attention upon the merits of your claims--or, to speak more precisely, the absence of merit from your claims--from start to finish. Not only am I unintimidated by litigation; I sometimes rather miss it."

You don't say what the signal source is. Nor do you say if your neighbor's is 1080i or 1080p. Or how old it is.
On a 50" screen using a bluray player the visual difference between 720p and 1080p is quite noticable.

I think a few here dont know if they see or understand what is 1080i vs 1080p

And you can't read what I posted, obviously.

My test was done a month ago on new tvs, when was yours done and on what tv?

I've already post that info. And you can't do a quality test in a Best Buy....get real.

No it's not. Both of our TV's are less than a year old. And both were tested using a Blu-ray player with the same source material.
http://reviews.cnet.com/720p-vs-1080p-hdtv /
Nuff said.
On Thu, 18 Nov 2010 05:12:02 -0800 (PST), jamesgangnc

Ron recently visited Las Vegas, where he saw many guys that looked and sounded EXACTLY like Elvis.

I have good eyes and maybe thats why I saw a big difference on a 47". But also the quality of the tv may have been part of the equation. Now on 3d you are completely off , to get the optimal 3d experiance a 1.4 - 1.7 x the distance of the tv width for viewing distance is needed, That means you sit close. And on 3d, DLP rule the ground. I cant stand 3d on Led tvs, to much studder, it gives me a headache in 10 seconds.

The only difference between my neighbors and mine is that my Panny has better black levels.
Take a Panny 50" 720 Plasma and a Panny 50" 1080 Plasma that are equal models (expect for the resolution of course). Hook them both up to a Blu-ray player with the same source viewed from 10 ft or father away and there will be no noticeable difference.

Broadcast tv is 720p, so you are saying broadcast tv equals blue ray on a 1080p plasma at 10 ft? I find that impossible to believe.

No that's not what I'm saying. I can't be any more clear than I was above.
On Nov 18, 7:08am, "Stormin Mormon"

What about that Mormon advertising you do here free every time you post, pot-kettle-black. He isnt the sales spam we see, he is asking a question. You need to remove your advertising if you want to bitch at others.
On Thu, 18 Nov 2010 09:42:12 -0800, Smitty Two

Not even slightly true.

http://www.venganza.org /
On Thu, 18 Nov 2010 09:56:10 -0800, Smitty Two

You are on a roll for being wrong today. You couldn't be further afield.
On Thu, 18 Nov 2010 10:15:36 -0800, Smitty Two

I see posts from there, and they have yet to try and sell me anything. Lots of people access usenet from commercial news servers which make a profit off of providing usenet access. That doesn't make those into sales pitches, either. Meanwhile, Stormin is ABSOLUTELY selling something with every post.
No, making a profit on something does not equate to advertising.
Making a sales pitch is advertising.
On 11/18/2010 11:51 AM, Judi Haffner wrote:

Judi, are you a Pastafarian too? You know we're not to reveal ourselves out of fear of being sauced and consumed. 8-)
TDD
On Wed, 17 Nov 2010 11:28:12 -0800, Higgs Boson wrote:

Cable and over the air are capable of 1080i. It does make a difference for the better when I watch a show in 1080 vs 720. Can't describe exactly what it is, just better.

There is 1080i as in interlaced scan and 1080p as in progressive scan. 1080p is twice as good as 1080i for resolution and only Blue Ray and satelite do output of 1080p that I know of. Netflix is planning on 1080p. 720p is about equal in sharpness to 1080i. Regular High Defination from cable or off air is 720p. Dvds are 520, and there are regular interlaced players and progressive scan. Led is a type of lighting for the Liqued Crystal Display that everyone wants because tvs can be very thin, Led tvs are supposed to have a bit better color, contrast and brightness, but at stores its hard to tell and Led are never next to regular flourescent lit units. At Walmart black friday deals you should be able to get a 32 Lcd for 200.00, order online and I think its free delivery, its a great deal. Im sure its a 720p non led tv but it will be nice. Netflix is working on 1080p as their next step in the near future but for a 32 its not as importent as a 55" tv. I wanted satelite but have to many trees.
On Wed, 17 Nov 2010 11:28:12 -0800 (PST), Higgs Boson

Determine if the company compresses it's content...

For use with Blu-Ray players you would need a 1080p or 720p (note the "p") ...
LCD? My 15" PC monitor is many years old. I'm now after a bigger LCD monitor.