Led vs LCD TVs and 720 pixels vs 1080.

Page 2 of 7

If you need HDMI cables, go to Amazon and buy the $4 ones. They works as well as the $30+ cords. When I had my DirecTV setup, the installer left me a couple of extras also.
Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Avoid Monster Cable. Get Blue Jean cable. Here's why:
" I say this because my observation has been that Monster Cable typically operates in a hit-and-run fashion. Your client threatens litigation, expecting the victim to panic and plead for mercy; and what follows is a quickie negotiation session that ends with payment and a licensing agreement. Your client then uses this collection of licensing agreements to convince others under similar threat to accede to its demands. Let me be clear about this: there are only two ways for you to get anything out of me. You will either need to (1) convince me that I have infringed, or (2) obtain a final judgment to that effect from a court of competent jurisdiction. "
Read the whole thing: http://www.audioholics.com/news/industry-news/blue-jeans-strikes-back

A great letter. I've saved a copy for "boiler plating" in the future. I really, really would like to see the outrageous and nonsensical claims Monster has been making for year dealt with in court with expert witnesses who would tear them a new output port. Sadly, I have friends that believe that paying 10 times what a cable is worth makes it somehow ten times better. )-:
I'm guessing if Monster is stupid enough to proceed, they might very well end up having to admit, in court, that they are 98% hype and nothing more.
-- Bobby G.
On 11/19/2010 2:19 AM, Robert Green wrote:

Wouldn't your electrons rather travel in luxury? Contented audio signals produce superior sound when they don't have to fight their way down an impure copper pathway and traverse anything but the most luxurious gold plated connections.
Dang! I should write copy for Monster Cable! 8-)
TDD

My favorite monsterism is marking the cables to indicate optimum electron flow.
-- Bobby G.
On 11/19/2010 5:25 AM, Robert Green wrote:

My brother Uncle Monster has had the name for about 25 years. It was given to him by 4 year old and I help add to his collection of Uncle Monster's observations of the world known as "Monsterisms". I wonder if Monster Cable could sue us? An example:
"Human females are genetically Machiavellian, they need little or no training" Monsterism by Uncle Monster.
TDD
On 11/19/2010 3:25 AM Robert Green spake thus:

NOOOOOO. Tell me they don't do that. Please.
(Reminds me of a bit of nonsense we used to joke about at the computer company I used to work for: we claimed our products used "maximum byte separation".)
On Sat, 20 Nov 2010 14:08:25 -0800, David Nebenzahl

Yes, they make musical instrument cables with directional arrows printed on them!

You don't want the music coming out backwards, do ya?
-- Bobby G.

Yes...I'm listening to the Beetles!

<Yes...I'm listening to the Beetles!>
Raise your hand if you've ever run a turntable backwards to listen for hidden messages like "Turn Me On Dead Man" and "I Buried Paul."
-- Bobby G.

Last time I bought HDMI (v1.3 6ft gold-plated) it was a 3 pk for $6.99 and free shipping from Meritline.

You forgot about gold and silver-plating those crummy copper wires so the electrons can glide down the wires with even lower resistance and certainly travel in a higher class<G>.
On 11/19/2010 10:25 PM, hr(bob) snipped-for-privacy@att.net wrote:

During WWII, copper was in such short supply that silver was used for magnet wire at Oak Ridge for use in enriching uranium. What a salvage job that was after the war. 8-)
TDD
Robert Green wrote:

It's worse. Monster Cable even threatened to sue one "Vermonster Day Care" for using the trademarked word in their name! http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20091009/1003446477.shtml

The problem is that enough lawyer-fearing recipients of these threat letters enter into settlements rso that companies like Monster actually start believing they are in the right. That is right until they run into someone who *won't* settle and Monster makes the mistake of litigating, where the rubber meets the road. I'll bet Monster folds like a cheap suit when that happens because they can't afford to lose and set a damaging precedent.
It will be interesting to see where the Blue Jean Cable "threatfest" ends up. I seen Monster getting chased out by villagers with torches.
-- Bobby G.
On 11/29/2010 3:07 PM, Robert Green wrote:

I wonder if they could or would sue my brother for his handle, "Uncle Monster"? The name was given to him by a four year old back in 1986 and it stuck.
TDD
On Mon, 29 Nov 2010 15:46:41 -0600, The Daring Dufas wrote:

What about the Monster energy drink? http://www.monsterenergy.com /

On 11/29/2010 3:55 PM, Meat Plow wrote:

Me and Brother Monster drink those too. FLNF
TDD

They pay a royalty for the name, and they also must have the pull tab on each can facing north so the carbonation bubbles are released in the proper pattern for full energy.