LED bulbs

I think you misunderstand. The original fixture with the flourescent light that I replaced had a hot ballast. The replacement LED fixture is just fine.

Reply to
badgolferman

You were clear. What isn't clear is what do the new LED bulb drop in replacements do with the ballast still being there. I presume they have some way of ignoring it.

Don.

(e-mail link at home page bottom).

Reply to
Don Wiss

All a ballast is is a transformer to raise the line voltage and a current limiter to prevent the fluorescent bulb from creating a direct short. The LED drops will just have an internal step down transformer. They lose a little efficiency from the step up/step down process compared to line voltage LEDs that just step down.

Reply to
Arthur Conan Doyle

Don I don't think you understand what was done.

He removed everything back to the wires comming out of the wall. The ballast and tube holders and everything else is in the trash can.

He put up a new fixture . Like I just did in my basement. All I did was mount the new fixture and hook up the 3 wires. Hot,neutral, ground.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

I understood exactly what he did. You do not need to repeat it.