LED bulb: 17 Years, $50.00

Page 6 of 6

It is worthwhile, every bbuilding ive converted to cfls has seen a 50% overall drop in the electric bill, those who say its not worthwhile dont know all the facts.

The money a Cfl saves over an incandesant is 75%++ in electricity consumed. I pay near .50c a cfl bulb of warm white 2700k, with a 9 yr warranty from HD. Cfls are Prime Time and in all commercial buildings I work work and visit.

I figured LED TV would soon be followed with LED lighting panels. The size of say a 4 tube fluorescent fixture. Adjustable color, last 20 years, cost $100
Jimmie

How about hanging a LED TV on the wall and encasing it with window trim. Think of the great views you could have !

Been Done
Jimmie
On Sun, 11 Apr 2010 12:43:19 -0700 (PDT), JIMMIE

A local place has modern TV - Plasma/LCD (watering hole).
Behind the mirrors in the rest room are televisions. Looking into the mirror, you see TV. Amazing, TV through a mirror!
On 4/11/2010 5:44 PM Oren spake thus:

But the question is, who's looking back at you?
On Sun, 11 Apr 2010 18:46:06 -0700, David Nebenzahl

People in Oakland? I'm not sure.
On 4/11/2010 7:11 PM Oren spake thus:

Nah, we've got better things to look at.
Like the Oakland marathon, aka Oakland Running Festival: http://www.oaklandmarathon.com . Revived after a 25-year hiatus.
Or the Fire Festival held each summer: http://thecrucible.org/events/fire-arts-festival . A fusion of art and pyromania. Burn, baby, burn!
HeyBub wrote:

I bought a Lights of America LED bulb last year. It was very dim (Probably about half the rated output), had an odd color spectrum to it that I can't quite put my finger on, and it only lasted about 2 weeks before it burned out.
LED lights aren't there yet. Maybe in a few years.
Bob

I bought that LOA crap, its one of the junk LEDs as you say, funny it wasnt even on the LOA web site, ACE sold it to me, im pissed at that LOA -ACE bulb too
On 04/12/10 07:53 am, ransley wrote:

We bought some LOA LED bulbs at Sam's -- two different kinds: the one kind all seem to be doing OK still, while the one PAR38 one has just lost one-fourth of its LEDs. They are supposed to have a 3-yr warranty; I'll have to check how much we paid and see if it's worth the shipping cost to send it back for a replacement
We also bought some LOA PAR30 bulbs at Costco. Just after one of them lost half of its LEDs, we got a letter from Costco inviting us to return them all for a full refund, as they had been found not to last as long as advertised. We took Costco up on the offer.
Perhaps Sam's, Costco and Ace all got what seemed to them like good deals on items that had in fact been discontinued.
The only LED bubs I see anywhere now are much more expensive and have much lower light outputs.
Perce
DA had written this in response to http://www.thestuccocompany.com/maintenance/LED-bulb-17-Years-50-00-435918-.htm : HeyBub wrote:

None of LED light bulbs I had lasted more than 1-2 month, and that's 1-2 month of very light use. The terribly low reliability pretty much renders any cost saving calculations useless.
Yes, I had a bunch of Lights of America bulbs but other brands, too, so the reliability problem is not limited to only one bad manufacturer. Seems to me a design flaw where you have 20+ LEDs in one circuit, each going bad shuts off the entire light.