leavin conductors exposed

i got a desk lamp from ebay like the one in the image link below. the bulb is held up by two adjustable telescopic rods, exactly the same type as you would find on the aerial of a FM radio. they are metal.
i saw the double insulated symbol on the bottom, which go me thinking. how did they get the wiring through these rods double insulated, they are pretty thin. then i examined the rods. they had joints in them. they werent even hollow! there was no wiring. they were the conductors.
a quick check with the meter gave 20V AC. thats how it was designed to light the bulb .
my question is can you have the double insulated symbol on a product with exposed 20V AC conductors?
http://www.flickr.com/photos/31506127@N03/3033028166

At 20 volts it is still considered"low voltage" and "intrinsically safe"

AFAIK, 24V and less is considered low voltage and not a code problem. It is often used for controls in industrial products for the same reason.
Are those two rods close enough together that you can get your tongue across them?
I double-dog dare you...
On Sat, 11 Dec 2010 07:20:41 -0800 (PST), Larry Fishel