Leave drill battery on or off drill?

I didn't say 40% of its voltage. I said 40% of it's full charge. For a typical 10 cell 12v NiCad that would be around 9.5v.

First off AA cells for Walkmans are probably NiMh cells. NiCads are different. I'l quote a statement on NiCad battery care for a Skil cordless drill...............

"If you anticipate long periods of (i.e. a month of more) of non use of your tool, it is best to run your tool down until its fully discharged before storing your battery pack." "

Reply to
tnom

40% of the voltage is not the same as 40% charged. The voltage of nicads (or any other battery I've ever heard of. for that matter) does not decrease linearly with % of charge.
Reply to
Lawrence Wasserman

You are right, my bad. I don't know what the charge/voltage ratio is for nicads. Based on what you said 10 cells and

9.5V, that's less than 1v per cell.

snipped-for-privacy@mucks.net wrote:

Reply to
George E. Cawthon

You're right, I haven't seen a chart of voltage vs. charge for nicads.

Reply to
George E. Cawthon

replying to Joe Bobst, Paula wrote: I have a rigid cordless drill with a lithium ion battery instructions say remove battery for storing hope that helps

Reply to
Paula