Leave drill battery on or off drill?

Page 2 of 2

Mike Dobony wrote:

I agree, when it loses power it's time to charge, but I check the voltage more to establish a minimum voltage when the batteries are stored. What is "man" stuff? Some tools come with little more than a list of parts and don't give any useful instructions about battery charging. They are often as useful as new car driver manuals that say "see the dealer."

On 25 Nov 2003 14:59:38 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comic (TOM KAN PA) wrote:

The battery will loose some of its charge...it DOESN'T loose voltage, btw...just by sitting. Removing it from the drill won't stop that process. The proper thing to do is keep it in the charger if you don't have a spare battery.
And leave WHAT on?
And its 'six one way...half dozen the other'.
Wishing you and yours a happy Thanksgiving season...
Trent
Voltage Reversal I thought couldnt happen till 0.1 volt , being severe discharge. I have 20 yr old packs still operational . I store at apx 1v a cell .
"Trent" wrote:

Oh Trent! As the battery loses charge, it loses voltage. It may not tell you the exact amp-hours left, but it pretty well tells you the state of the charge, i.e, whether it is 90 percent, 80 percent, etc.