leather sofa mold

I have an expensive leather sofa that got wet when my roof came off during Katrina. It sat for a month before I could get it to a dry area. The mold is on the seat cusions, one side by one arm and a 2'x1' area on the front. I hate to throw the sofa away without trying to salvage it. Any way to get the leather de-molded and then replace padding or some simpler solution?
snipped-for-privacy@excite.com wrote

A very lite solution of bleach sitting for a couple of hours in the sun will do it.
I assume you already have taken a scrub brush and some mild soap and warm water and srubbed them clean?
People look at me in horror, but I used to detail bad old cars and you take the drain plugs out of the body pan/passenger/driver side, and just hose down the interior after vacumming it, staying away from electronics with everything off, and then scrub everything down with your own homemade woolite solution, 1/10 ammonia 9/10 liquid dishwashing detergent, then rinse, then water vac it all out, then open all the doors and windows and park in the sun for one day. Only works in a dry to medium climate.
Brand new interior in one day. I've done it with leather seats also and it works fine.
When I bought my great couch at a yard sale for $25, it was filthy. I sprayed it down in the sun outside, let it get nice and warm, sprayed it with my homemade woolite solution, used a soft scrub brush, worked it over good, let it sit for about 1/2 hour to give the detergents time to break down the stubborn oils, then hosed it down.
You wouldn't beleive the rivers of black and brown water that kept coming out of it. Did it one more time becasue it was still running brown water. Brand new couch, for $25, after scotchguarding it after it was dry.
Of course you'll have to really work in some leather oil afterwards...
--
bd

I\'m listening!