least leaky dryer vent?

Anyone have any suggestions for the least leaky (air-wise) dryer vent? What I've read is that the 'flying shuttle' type is the best option out there:
I bought one of these years ago and the thing fell apart within a year or two. And despite there being many sellers and 'brands' it looks like they might all be made by the same place. I also recall it was still drafty in the laundry room.
There's also the louvered kind, although they seem very flimsy too and I can imagine the wind blowing those open easy.
Any suggestions? My dryer vent exit is about 2' above the ground.
thanks

I have been using one of the one shown. Several years now. No problems. WW

did you paint yours? i have read that painting them will keep the UV rays from the sun from breaking down the plastic. the plastic cover of mine cracked within a year or two.
ben wrote:

I don't understand how a leaky dryer vent could contribute to a drafty dryer room. Maybe if you left the door to the dryer open...
HeyBub wrote:

C'mon HeyBub...
There has to be a path through which air can get into the dryer (with the door closed) in order for it to be blown out the vent, doesn't there?
That path, if the dryer vent doesn't act like a perfect check valve, will let outside air blow through it in reverse when the dryer's not running, whether the dryer door is open or not.
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat \'57 EE)
jeff_wisnia wrote:

Ah! You're right. What was I thinking?
I often use the dryer as a source of heat/humidity in the winter-time via an exhaust diverter.