Leaky Velux

I have just had two velux skylights installed. Unfortunately one of them is leaking very slightly from the corner. The contractors have inspected and tightened up the flashing. Apparantly they can find no other reason for the problem and I was wondering if anyone had had a similar problem and is so how was it resolved? I am reluctant pay for a Velux technician until I have got the contractor to explore every possibility!
You need someone with flashing experience to inspect the skylight. Did the contractor use the factory supplied flashing kit? A possible factor is the type of rain you had when the leak became apparent. Strong winds_might_cause an otherwise proper flashing job to evince a leak, but the flashers that come with a Velux are way oversized, and it'd be hard to blow any water up into the joint. You don't say where (top or bottom) the leak is showing up (I suspect bottom), if the skylights are very close to each other, or if the contractor's efforts were successful. I'd stay on the contractor until it's either repaired or replaced. Tom snipped-for-privacy@talk21.com wrote:

Where exactly is it leaking from? Is it in an area where it looks like flashing or is it an area that looks like it's leaking from the actual window itself?
My bet is that the contractor did not correctly install the flashing. Also, not sure what exactly "tighening up the flashing" means. Either the flashing is installed correctly or it isn't. Who did the install? Do they have good references and experience doing skylights?
Have you tried talking to Velux (1-866-358-3589)? On a new install, especily if the contractor used a Velux flashing kit, they they may be willing to send out a tech rep to take a look w/o charge.