leaky shower faucet

I have a leaky shower faucet. Water constantly drips from the handle. It is a single, lever faucet.

How difficult is this to repair? Is the easiest and cheapest way to replace the faucet or can I purchase the parts to do the repair? I am going to renovate this bathroom in a year or so and don't want to speed a lot of money on this at the moment but I need to fix the leak. I do not have a lot of experience with plumbing repairs.

Thanks! Brian snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com

Reply to
adc31555

Forget about replacing the control, it will be a *huge* job. Find out who made the thing, either a name on it or go to Home Depot and look for one similar to identify it. Repair kits are available for most all.

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim