Leaky radiator connection

I had to move a steam radiator in order to paint the room. Now it leaks at the connection point to the radiator valve. I've tried cranking it tight, but some water still comes through.
I plan to take the radiator off again to reposition the radiator a bit closer to the valve. Other than that, should I try teflon tape? How about pipe dope?
John
On Dec 22, 8:12pm, "New & Improved - N/F John"

Hey John - from a similar experiance teflon tape works. 4-5 wraps. Just a hint - on the other rooms I bought some thin drywall - cut it to the shape of the radiator and painted it the room color then slid it in behind. Can't even notice it.
On Dec 22, 5:24pm, snipped-for-privacy@nf.sympatico.ca wrote:

pipe dope then teflon tape work.
On Dec 22, 6:12 pm, "New & Improved - N/F John"

If you plan on painting other rooms, it might be worth the investment in a 'slim jim' roller. They're thinner and have longer handles so they can paint behind a radiator without removing it. Unless the wall behind the radiator is toast it's the way to go.

Hint: That is why they make that stuff.