Leaky Kohler shower valve

When the valve is in the OFF position, no water leaks. So the problem is not in the soldered joints. These are 5 years old and have not been a problem. However, when water flows up to the shower head, it pours down inside the wall.
Kohler has been very helpful and has sent me all the internal parts. But it behaves the same after installing them.
The valve appears to be a red herring. There must be a leak in the pipe from the valve to the shower head. Can anyone suggest a way to inspect this and/or fix it without removing the tiles? HNY.
You will have to open the wall , with luck the side outside the shower alcove is not tiled. Stubby wrote:

DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS
william plummer.....hahahahahahahahahaha

stubbier wrote:

You've probably shot yourself in the foot, stubbier.
Permit me inform you that I looked at the OP's email address and then checked my alma mater's alimni directory which lists TWO William Plummers, viz:
One an electrical engineer (like me) SB '63, SM '66, living in Chelmsford, Massachusetts, and the other SB '80, SM '82, living in Greenwich, Connecticut, the Executive VP and CFO of Dow Jones and Company.
We MIT guys stick together...
Methinks you owe the OP an apology, stubbier.
<snipped>
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia