@ Leaks in the AC ducts in the attic??

Hello everyone:

I am curious how do you check to see if you have Air conditioning leaks in the ducts that are in

the attic? I am thinking about climbing up there and with my hands try to feel for cold air coming

out of the ducts but it is very uncomfortable because lack of room and the high temperatures

(Here in South Florida).

Someone mentioned about using some kind of dye that you'll be able to see easy when it escapes the ducts.

Is there such a thing?

Any help in the subject will be appreciated.

Thanks Lu.

snipped-for-privacy@pipeline.com remove nospam to reply

Reply to
lu

FPL used to have a program to check that and gave you a deal on a mastic job to reseal them.. You really need to go up and look. You could set the clock for sometime before sunrise to get a cool time to look. They tend to break open at the boxes but if you have critters you could have holes eaten in them. They like A/C too.

Reply to
gfretwell

"lu" wrote in news:dstvg.355$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net:

Go up early in the morning. Wear long sleves & long pants if it's fiberglass up there. Watch your head!!!! Roofing nail points coming through sheathing.

Reply to
Al Bundy