Leaking Whirlpool Dishwasher

I have a 14 year old Whirlpool dishwasher that leaks randomly.
For reasons I have yet to determine, the machine randomly leaks water from the bottom corners of the door. I can not figure out why it happens sometimes, and other times not.
To the extent that I can tell, the seals look OK. The vertical seals look good and the "knife edge" of the door that engages on them is good. I can not see the horizontal seal under the door, but I assume there is one.
Also, there are two plastic tabs that point towards the door, just inside the vertical seals. These tabs pull out and there is considerable crap built up underneath. What purpose do they serve?
One note is that it drains into a waster disposal (garberator) under the sink. I thought the leaks might be occurring when there is unprocessed waster in the sink drain, but that doesn't seem to be it.
If anyone has any suggestions I would be happy to investigate. It works perfectly well otherwise, and I don't want to replace it if I don;t need to.
Thanks,
Ian

How oten is random,1/100, 1/10, 1/2? Maybe it is too much soap causing foaming that gets up inside the door and them drips out. How much does leak, a lot more information is needed here.