Leaking washer; problem found. How to fix?

Okay my Frigidaire washer (FWS800FHS0) started leaking after a recent move. It was only coming from the left side, and for sure from under it. After looking at the diagrams on some parts purchase websites, I saw that the only thing on that side was the drainage system.

So I took off the front panel and ran a load. The drain pump isn't leaking (thank goodness) but the water seems to start dripping halfway down the piece of the drainhose inside of the unit before it exits out the back. I would build up in the bottom panel, and eventually spill out. Ick.

Hey its plastic. Plastic rots. This sucker is 6 years old. Drainhose is a $25 part, not bad. But those clamps holding the hose onto the pump and to the unit looks pretty substaintial. Anyone ever wrestled with these? What's the trick?

Reply to
Bailey

Sure the leak is there or at the end or somewhere else just running down the outside until drips at a low point? Just to be sure you found actual leak, not the symptom...

First, is there anything particularly unique about this piece of drain hose? If not, I'd suggest just getting a chunk from the hardware store at much less than $25 -- more like $1/linear ft or so...

I assume you mean the single wire clamp--there's no real trick, just a pair of pliers to squeeze. Depending on access, it may be handy to use a pair of long-nose vise-grip-type pliers to keep hold. There are special clamp pliers w/ a notch in the jaws, but should be able to do one or two of these w/o recourse to them. I typically will replace these w/ a screw clamp just for simplicity if they are in a difficult place to reach.

HTH...

Reply to
dpb

Good advice!