Leaking Toilet

The previous owner left me with several gifts. This being one.
http://ca.geocities.com/ snipped-for-privacy@rogers.com/drain.jpg http://ca.geocities.com/ snipped-for-privacy@rogers.com/bath.jpg
I had planned to lift out the toilet, cut out the section of the sub-floor that is damaged, then put a few 2x4 on the flat between the joices to support a new subfloor I would install ...lastly I had planned to properly install the toilet.
Any other advice?
Just FYI, I think the previous owner put down a new subfloor to instal new tile and never properly re-installed the toilet (when he lifted the floor) .. but that is just my guess... I will know more once I lift out the toilet.
Since I removed the floor feed, here is a more representative picture of the closet.
http://ca.geocities.com/ snipped-for-privacy@rogers.com/toiletnew.jpg
Barry wrote:

Barry,
You're most likely going to get all types of advice here, but I would under all circumstances use the new waxless ring when you put the toilet back. They can rock to an extent and still won't leak which it what caused your problem here. This is not a hard job but you'll have to take the floor up and since you can get to the underside easily I would put in a new closet flange -- the PVC type.