leaking refrigerator

I have water pooling on the bottom of my fridge under the crisper drawers. I have read that the drain line is probably clogged. I cant find the drain line to rod out. Are there two, one for the fridge and one for the freezer? I have a 14 yr old Amana with the freezer on top and fridge on bottom, no water or ice dispenser. Thanks for any help

Reply to
puttone

buffalobill

Typically one, and it's usually in the back of the freezer. You have to take all the food out of the freezer, and remove the shelves and ice maker if equipped. Remove several screws to remove the metal plate that covers the back of the freezer.

That exposes the evaporator (tubes, and very, very sharp fins). The drain is typically in the back, in the center. You will probably have to thaw the ice which is covering the top of the drain.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon