Leaking inside to bottom of refrigerator.

I have a refrigerator that leaks into the bottom of the food department; found that the cup fills up and ices up; tried hot water, unplugging for a day, it happened again. The back of the freezer gets hot periodically which I expect was the defrost cycle. Was wondering how to remove the cup or the hose in the back to check for clogs; seems there is no water getting to the drip pan in the back either. It's a Kenmore. MIght it be some other problem. ares

Reply to
ares

PS, we ordered new gaskets as they're getting bad but I don't think the seal is so bad yet as to cause the problem; and the refrigerator has been keeping cool enough too. It's been unplugged for a couple more days so I might try it again in case there was something that wasn't completely defrosted inside. I just wasn't sure how to get the cup or back hose out without breaking something.

Reply to
ares

I might just have it solved; was able to just pull off the hose in the back; had a plug of moldy looking sludge; put a thin brush up the spout and got out more black crud and put some Chlorox cleanup in the cup. It came out the spout! So I think it WAS a clog; got it plugged in now and we'll see if it still leaks.

Reply to
ares

Sounds as if you've probably solved it - older Kenmore with cup in fridge compartment for defrost water from freezer, right? These were notorious for getting blocked up.

Reply to
Mad Mac

Hi,

Talking to yourself?!?! LOL!! :D

Does sound like a plugged/restricted defrost drain....

leaking water helps.

Reply to
jeff

Well, maybe 17 years old but in that time this is a first; I think it's fixed. ares

Reply to
ares