Leaking inside to bottom of refrigerator.

I have a refrigerator that leaks into the bottom of the food department; found that the cup fills up and ices up; tried hot water, unplugging for a day, it happened again. The back of the freezer gets hot periodically which I expect was the defrost cycle. Was wondering how to remove the cup or the hose in the back to check for clogs; seems there is no water getting to the drip pan in the back either. It's a Kenmore. MIght it be some other problem. ares
PS, we ordered new gaskets as they're getting bad but I don't think the seal is so bad yet as to cause the problem; and the refrigerator has been keeping cool enough too. It's been unplugged for a couple more days so I might try it again in case there was something that wasn't completely defrosted inside. I just wasn't sure how to get the cup or back hose out without breaking something.

I might just have it solved; was able to just pull off the hose in the back; had a plug of moldy looking sludge; put a thin brush up the spout and got out more black crud and put some Chlorox cleanup in the cup. It came out the spout! So I think it WAS a clog; got it plugged in now and we'll see if it still leaks.

Sounds as if you've probably solved it - older Kenmore with cup in fridge compartment for defrost water from freezer, right? These were notorious for getting blocked up.
Well, maybe 17 years old but in that time this is a first; I think it's fixed. ares

Hi,
Talking to yourself?!?! LOL!! :D
Does sound like a plugged/restricted defrost drain.... http://www.applianceaid.com/frig_leaking.html Some leaking water helps.