Leaking faucet (arrrgh!)

I have a single-handle Peerless faucet in my kitchen. It has a persistent drip that I've attempted to fix a couple times. The drip is out of the faucet end (aerator) itself, not from around the base or handles. I have replaced the seats and springs twice, and the ball assembly and diverter another time. After each attempt, the faucet doesn't leak for the first five or so usages, then the leak returns. The faucet leaks if the handle is in its normal "off" position (bottom center), but if I maneuver the handle a little up and left, the drip stops.
Based on that behavior, I think that maybe something is shifting, loosening, or becoming unseated. Do I need to start replacing gaskets, or am I missing something here? What can cause this behavior, and how can I fix it once and for all?
Thanks,
Stavros

Replace the fixture with a better brand. Easier than fooling around with what you have. WW

Do you have a sprayer with this model? It may be a diverter problem.

On second thought, could be the seats & springs. I just replaced mine on a Delta tub faucet. Check out which model you have, and buy a repair kit or the parts you need. http://www.peerlessfaucet.com/products/productsearchresults.do
so why not accept the little up and left?

We talking faucet, or toilet flush handle, or prostate?
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

OCD?