Leaking driveway

For the life of me, I can't figure out how water is getting through my concrete drive.

My drive is heaving up, since the winter freeze. It appears frozen water is getting under my drive.

How in the heck is 5" of concrete letting water through?

Reply to
Stanley Oxford

Its in the soil and moves in from the edges. You need a good granular base that will drain water away -- hopefully, as even that doesn't protect roads from heaving. It is an on going battle in areas of frost. Anything concrete can heave and crack. When I go to Florida, I see concrete that does not move, is not cracked from frost and is as level as the day it was poured. Also they have concrete items that is not all chipped and damaged from being rammed by snowplows.

Reply to
EXT

any chance a water line is leaking in area? had a friends driveway heave, found water line leaking under it

Reply to
hallerb

Frost heaves can raise up highways that have a better base than your driveway. One you get a fissure of any sort water can get in, freeze, make a larger fissure to let in even more water, etc. Water will get in from the sides also.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski