leaking dishwasher drain hose

The factory-included drain hose for a used dishwasher I purchased is leaking. Several places that sell dishwasher parts have drain hoses like the original for $20-$40. That seems like a lot for a hose. Is there any reason not to use 5/8" black hose from the hardware store?
Jason Kraftcheck wrote:

No reason at all.

Nope, I used that in the past with good results.