leaking cement sink - update

Well, I've had a bucket under the P-trap ever since Monday morning... haven't had any opportunity to actually do any house repair work. Pulled it out after I got home from work this PM because I thought it might have been filling up. IT was bone dry! I guess that means that all the water was running down the back of the sink from the faucet, along the bottom to the drain fitting, and then *appeared* to come from the outside of the metal drain piece and down the p-trap. I suspect that it might have been leaking out around where the arm meets the body more than normal due to the fact that I was using a short piece of garden hose to fill the mop bucket. (the drain is actually in constant use, as the condensate drain from the A/C, furnace, and humidifier drains into it.)

This makes me very happy.

I'll disassemble the faucet saturday AM. If I spend more than an hour screwing with it, I'll buy a new one.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

you may find it only leaks when hot water is dumped in the tank by say a washing machine. sure hope it just the faucet but keep a eye on it, mine concrete tank leaked off and on intermittently for a long time, before it became obvious the exit pipe was leaking

Reply to
hallerb

Well, I put new washers in the faucet yesterday (as the guy at the local plumbing store pretty much turned me around and walked me out the door as I showed him my old faucet... see, this is why I shop online) and just did a load of laundry this AM, bucket is still dry. And the faucet doesn't leak.

I was unable to find any packing for the spout however, any ideas? Is there a catalog of packing washers available online somewhere? I guess I will just have to never hook up a garden hose to the faucet, which is somewhat inconvenient. Or I could replace it, but I'm far less motivated after spending yesterday AM convincing it to come apart.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel