Leaking 2013 AA Energizer Battery

Page 2 of 2
Stormin Mormon wrote:

He said a hundred PACKS of batteries. How many in a pack? I dunno. Assume it's twelve or 24 (plus 2 free). That's a god-awful bunch of batteries.
Think of the trips to the hazardous waste disposal station!
I'm going to go lie down.

Hundred packs, as in a hundred per pack.

Alkalines => garbage.

Oh. The statement was: "I bought 100 packs of "Utilitech" brand AAs and AAAs from Lowes for $20/pack."
I read it as "I bought 100 packs (containing an indeterminate number of individual batteries)..." rather than "I bought (an indeterminate number) of packs, each pack containing 100 batteries."
That's like going for a double cheese burger, and coming out with two burgers?

Oh. The statement was: "I bought 100 packs of "Utilitech" brand AAs and AAAs from Lowes for $20/pack."
I read it as "I bought 100 packs (containing an indeterminate number of individual batteries)..." rather than "I bought (an indeterminate number) of packs, each pack containing 100 batteries."
Why do you consider alkalines to be garbage? I think they do a nice job.

Hundred packs, as in a hundred per pack.

Alkalines => garbage.
On Tue, 3 Jan 2012 17:50:56 -0500, "Stormin Mormon"

No, they go *in* the garbage (when expired).

That's funny. I thought he said he bought HUNDRED PACKS of batteries. Yeah, have a lie down. Might help your stress level?

He said a hundred PACKS of batteries. How many in a pack? I dunno. Assume it's twelve or 24 (plus 2 free). That's a god-awful bunch of batteries.
Think of the trips to the hazardous waste disposal station!
I'm going to go lie down.
The past year I've run into more leaking alkaline batteries than I have seen overall in the previous ten years. Something has changed, probably to save a few cents, it will take awhile before we get the inside scoop.
All outsourced to China, now?
Anyone remember when "made in Japan" meant junky?
The past year I've run into more leaking alkaline batteries than I have seen overall in the previous ten years. Something has changed, probably to save a few cents, it will take awhile before we get the inside scoop.
On Sun, 1 Jan 2012 08:54:32 -0800 (PST), "hr(bob) snipped-for-privacy@att.net"

Sue the bastards. Take them for all they got. Get the best lawyer in your state, and have him file a court case in the US Federal court system.
Be sure to keep the battery and remote, and photograph everything with a copy of the daily newspaper in the picture to prove the date. Dont forget to mention how you became severely ill from skin contact with the battery fluid when you removed it. Done forget mental anguish, and how you lost your job and wife while you spent months in a catatonic state of complete emotional collapse due to touching this fluid. Be sure to take a copy of your psychiatric bill to court.
Remember, this will take years in the courts, but be patient. As long as you have proof (the battery, remote, and your photos), and have the best lawyer, you will win the case.

Funny you should mention this...
The LA Times recently ran an interesting article on petty class action suits:
<http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-legal-peanuts-20120102,0,1043964 .story>
Erik

I went to the energizer web site and registered my complaint, we'll see if they respond or not...Then I'll decide if suing is worthwhile<G>.
snipped-for-privacy@myplace.com wrote:

Sorry. Federal Rules of Procedure demand that the plaintiff claim $10,000 or more in damages for a suit to be brought in a federal court.

Giggle.