Leak in Foundation wall

Hey all, There is a 8" deep circular channel the circumference of a dime that goes into my poured foundation wall.(from where the forms were used.) It's cement covering has come off and when heavy rain occurs I have a leak coming in. I bought the powder concrete mix and tried to fill the channel completely but could not and I simply covered the opening up. Is this enough or is the channel supposed to be filled completely?
Thanks a lot Tec.
Should have used hydraulic cement.

OK, What is Hydraulic cement ...does it come in a pressure tube that will inject itself into my wall? thx IN advance Tec

We use DAm It brand hydraulic cement the slow setting version. It stops water and expands as it sets to fill holes. Comes as a powder, you have to work fast even with the slow setting version. You force it into the hole.