Leak in basement around PVC pipe through foundation

I have a large diameter PVC pipe which exits my basement for the septic.
When it rains it leaks around the pipe. The pipe looks like it was sealed with concrete. I am assuming I will need to chip this concrete out from around the pipe.
But, what type of sealer should I use on the pipe?
On Oct 11, 10:54�am, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

how deep is it from the outside?
I would try to improve outdoor drainage, do gutters downspout etc dump water in this area

It is about 3 feet down.
I have been working on the grading and gutters, I thought I had it all fixed now.

It is about 3 feet down.
I have been working on the grading and gutters, I thought I had it all fixed now.
______________________________
Dig around the pipe outside the house to expose it, surround the pipe/foundation interface with tar, cover the tarred area with an insulating layer (such as a board), then refill.
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

If it is only 3 feet, I would definitely dig from the outside as well, and redo the sealing there, too. If possible, you want to keep the water outside the (usually black tarry stuff) water seal on the outside of the basement wall. If you just redo the inside, that may slow it down, but if water is still getting into the wall (especially if it is a block wall), you will likely get leaks, or that white crusty stuff, elsewhere. How long are your arms? You may not have to dig a very big hole- just need to expose all the way around the pipe, far enough to brush all the dirt off, and apply the new goop. Good idea to eyeball the pipe, and maybe drop some food coloring down the toilet, just to make sure the pipe didn't frost-heave and crack, and that sewage isn't leaking back in.
-- aem sends...

This is a poured concrete wall. I will have to see what it will take to dig down.
On Oct 11, 10:57pm, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

I spent more time looking today. The back yard patio is poured over the pipe in this location. BUT there is a large pipe opening with no cover sticking out of the poured concrete. I wonder if it is leaking around the base of this pipe? I don't even know what this pipe is for.
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Is the top of the pipe threaded? If so, it is probably a cleanout port. If not threaded, so kind of air vent. (I'm no septic expert, somebody will jump in shortly...)
aem sends...

I looks like a poor attempt of a vent. I am not sure if a vent is needed here.. The clean-out is on the inside of the house.