Leaf stain removal on fiber reinforced concrete driveway

Anybody with experience in cleaning stains from rotting leaves left on the fiber reinforced driveway?

I tried 1800 PSI power wash - did not help. I tried steel brush with soap - did not work.

What would be the best way to remove them ?

Pszemol.

Reply to
Pszemol

imho:

I found only with time they fade. The tannins seem to penitrate deep and only sunlight seems to fade them.

Now this is me, I can tollerate them, knowing that they will dissapear with time. Each fall, my driveway looks like some modern art.

later,

tom @

Tom The Great

Try bleach.-Jitney

Reply to
jtnospam

You need to etch the concrete. Use hydrochloric acid or muratic acid and wash it down. You can usually find directions on how to do an acid wash if you look for directions on how to prep concrete for painting. Warning: Be prepared to do the whole thing. Test a small area first and see how it blends in. The area that is acid washed will be nice and white.

Good Luck

Steve

snipped-for-privacy@PolBox.com wrote:

Reply to
thewoodworkersdepot.com

I'd try one of the concrete cleaner products available at any of the home center stores. Usually found in the driveway sealer section.

Reply to
trader4

I would not etch with acid for this but etching will make it rougher and less slippery, a benefit. Bleach and a powerwash should do it, but just bleach might be enough, use a garden sprayer.

Reply to
m Ransley

Seems an organic stain should come off with bleach. Tried that?

Reply to
Norminn

Don't remove them. Eventually the stains will weather away. In the meantime, enjoy nature's patterns. Move the leaves to a compost pile.

Reply to
Phisherman

Reply to
nospambob