Lead Paint removal

We are looking at purchasing a house with some exterior wood pillars painted with lead paint (obvious by the pattern of cracks) that we want to strip. The EPA site has a brochure that explains how to remove the paint and chemical strippers are acceptable. Can anyone recommend an easy chemical paint stripper acceptable in removing lead based paint? I would prefer a stripper tyep that peals off easily instead of the gooy mess. Thanks!
Mike D.
Mike Dobony wrote:

I'll bite...how can you tell from the cracks that the paint contains lead?
-- dadiOH ____________________________
dadiOH's dandies v3.06... ....a help file of info about MP3s, recording from LP/cassette and tips & tricks on this and that. Get it at http://mysite.verizon.net/xico

painted
strip.
chemical
prefer a

I assume you've had it tested for lead. You can use this:
http://www.readystripoutlet.com /
I believe that something similar are sold in HD.
Something like this works very well http://www.dumondchemicals.com/html/peelaway.htm
You trowel it on like drywall compound about 1/8" thick and then apply a special paper that seals it and lets the stripper work.
After something like 12 to 24 hours or more you let the spripper dry and you peel off the paper and the paint comes with the stripper kind of one piece.
The biggest concern is if you want to stain the wood you have to make sure you use the correct stripper as the peel away 1 uses lye and this can darken cetain woods..

strip.
chemical