lead lined wallboard (for soundproofing) manufacturer

If anyone knows who manufactures such a product, I would appreciate a web address or email, my next challenge will be to contact them to see if there are suppliers in Australia.
thanks
Ozzie wrote:

www.soundproofing.org/
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
Wgat are you soundproofing, Lead is not the best for most aplications
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (m Ransley) wrote:

A room lined with it would be dead to cell phones and the like.

Sounds like a bonus to me! Greg
(m Ransley) wrote:

It also keeps the aliens from reading your brain waves.
John Hines wrote:

If that would work, I would think that would be a real bonus. However those things work in cars that are all metal. Maybe we should line all cars with lead.
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
Joseph Meehan wrote:

You must be in the army, all the cars I ride in have windows aka glass.
George E. Cawthon wrote:

And all the rooms I have been in have doors and windows.
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
Joseph Meehan wrote:

???? I've never seen an all metal car! Your response? I've never seen an all window room.
If I'm not mistaken lead lined wallboard is exclusively used in hospitals, within the radiology department. It has a 0.5 mm layer of lead, perhaps you're building a bomb shelter?
There's specific fiberglas insulation designed for sound proofing, it would be far cheaper than buying and handling a lead product. After all lead must be a hazardous material in Australia too.
Randy just my two cents...
Crafti wrote:

Lead is a very good sound material. It adds lot of mass. The acoustical fiberglass is fair at best when used in a wall. They also do not work best on the same frequencies. What material/construction is best depends on the situation.
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
Crafti wrote:

Unfortunatel 2cent is its worth. Lead is commonly used in soundproofing and far superior to any fiberglass product. And elemental lead (the metal) is not hazardous unless used in products that carry edibles. It is lead oxides, sufides and organic compounds that are hazardous. Course lead bullets are hazardous, but you don't need to worry about poisoning.
Ozzie wrote:

sound proof from what? Methods like double isolated studs from one room to the next. special wallboard in a double thickness. Dividing walls that go all the way up and sealed (in a lift out ceiling environment). Special doors with double seals and gaskets. Different methods have a different STC and a given frequency. Low frequencies are the hardest to isolate.
There are commercial wall panel distributors the have fiberglass core fabric covered panels for commercial spaces use.
Bob
As far as I can remember, lead is a great sounproofer, but it needs to be installed so that it is not bonded solidly to a substrate. The best arrangement is to install it by weaving it between isolated studs. It needs to be able to move to absorb vibration.

Thanks for the laugh guys, it would be nice to escape the mobile phones and the aliens, but it is just for soundproofing. My uncle heard about it and asked me if I could find it on the internet. All I can find is a reference on http://soundproofing.org/infopages/whatsnew.htm I have written to them and hope for a reply. from them, menwhile - if anyone knows anything I would be grateful for the information.
Ozzie
A link to lead lined rooms is at http://www.soundproofing.org/infopages/Lead.htm
Prices for "Acousti-Lead" is at http://www.soundproofing.org/sales/prices.html#lead (for comparison.) bj

Tip: Using a email program that is not susceptable to control by hackers makes sense to me... I use Agent: It's free and avaialble from http://www.forteinc.com/agent/features.php Tip2: Using a mail sort program that you can train to sort out the spam really reduces your workload, try POPFILE, it's free too! http://popfile.sourceforge.net / Tip 3: I use a program called "SPYBOT- Search & Destroy" to eliminate popups and adware, it's free and available from: http://www.safer-networking.org / Tip 4: Is your computer HACKED???!!! Find out free at http://hackerwhacker.com /

Many people would be afraid of lead thinking they would get lead poisoning. An good alternative with the same qualities is gold. Use pure gold in place of the lead and you will have better re-sale value.