Lead Acid Battery Question

Someone "paid" me for some time with a brand new motorcycle battery. (He bought a 12 volt when he needed a 6 volt, and I wasn't going to charge him for the time anyway) I have a wave runner with a 4? year old battery that still works great, I hate to replace it when it works so well. (It spent most of it's life on a good battery maintainence charger)
The question! He filled it with acid then I slow charged it. Can I preserve the new battery by emptying the acid then letting it dry?

Yes.
Emptying the acid will stop the chemical reaction and preserve both the acid and the battery plates. Make sure you have a good bottle for the acid and after a couple days of drying out, seal the battery chambers (perhaps upside down) to prevent critters from taking up residency.
nb