LCD TV "shadows"

I got a new LCD TV and it looks amazing at first, but now I noticed on some programs where the background is darker and the movement is quick, there are - I don't know how to describe this - shadows. It's almost like some frames overlapped or refreshed differently, and it's most annoying. Is this a typical problem with LCD TV? is this something that can be calibrated or is considered a defect?
Thanks,
MC
Some lcds are better than others, return it if you are not happy.

I'm not an expert, but people that are into computer games don't like the LCD's because of the problem you describe. Could be something inherent to that type of screen. Thee is an alt.tv newsgroup that may be able to help you better.
This is caused by slow reponse times of the LCD to redraw the screen. When looking for LCD's you want to make sure you get the lowest response time among other things. Some LCD's can have response times as low as 4ms or so which you will not see the "ghosting" effect you are talking about.
Amy.

Thank you. I assume this response time is not a configurable setting?
MC

some
some
or
You assume correctly.

miamicuse wrote:

Hi, Common problem with LCD panels. Some are better than others but that's characteristics of LCD. So called response time. Also LCD can't show true black very well. One reason we have Plasma panels. Tony
Tony Hwang wrote:

But then people are starting to complain of screen burn on them.
Hello,
It could be several factors. You are welcome to check out our free LCD TV guide at www.pmbbay.com Since we manufacturer LCD TV's, we may be able to identify and help you correct the problem. You are welcome to submit the make, model and panel grade type to us and we will try to help you.