Laying weed block fabric

I'm about to put a layer of black weed block material (and then mulch on top) on a flower bed (about 30' x 20'), and its got a curves wall all the way round. Do I just lay it down in strips and then cut off the parts going over the edge - or is there some better way of doing it. How much overlap do you need with the strips? The material is 4' wide.
dean wrote:

replanting often. Shredded cypress mulch keeps weeds out almost entirely. But, to answer, just lay the fabric to cover with about 2" overlap of strips.
We have some areas around our condo that have stone and landscape fabric. I wanted to put in plants but be able to take them in if it freezed (Florida). I put pots in the ground, with rims just above the soil level. Put landscape fabric down, with stone to cover. Easy to pull the pots and put them back, or to replace plants, without disturbing the mulch.

I'm not much of a fan of the fabric either. When you put mulch on top, the mulch breaks down over time into humus, which weeds will grow very nicely in anyway.
If you want to install it, just trim the curved shape with razor or scissors and overlap joints a few inchs.
On Fri, 20 Apr 2007 16:38:47 -0700, "Steve B"

gardener who discouraged me from laying down the weed block material in my rose path. He said it wouldn't work, long-term.
That is just what happened. Between weeds forcing their way through the material, and dirt settling on top of the material, it soon became apparent that I had been wasting the time of myself and friends.
I pulled it up and vowed never again
You could inquire on <rec.gardens> for more opinions.
Persephone