Laying down some brick

I have put down some brick and stepping stones and filled the space between them with sand. I watered it down to help settle the sand and pack it. Is there anything that can be poured over the sand to solidify and glue it together so that sweeping, watering, doesn't pull it out? Thanks for any info and advice.
--
Paul O.
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

I've heard that sand can be mixed with some portland cement powder, then swept into cracks, then lightly watered, but eventually, this crust becomes cracked and ugly over time. I just keep a bag of dry sand around back to refill the cracks from time to time. Leaving the sand as is will allow you to relevel and reposition the stones from time to time, an advantage, and makes it easier to pull weeds.

Paul O.
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com
I did the concrete in between bricks for a walkway. What a mistake. It broke up and looks nasty compared to the section that I did with just sand between the bricks.Now I am chipping it out and going back to sand, JD

Well, that's weird. Cuz I just did a walkway with sand. It's level and the bricks are uniform in placement..They are laid in a level packed sand bed. I hate the sand, and had the conversation this morning with the husband, that I wished we had used something more rigid. When I sweep, the sand comes up, when I wash it with the water hose, the sand comes up. I hate the sand, oh I already said that. Looking for something different. Perry

On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 12:36:17 -0600, "Perry Templeton"

Try stone dust. It packs in and doesn't sweep out easily, like sand does. It also blocks weeds far better.
KLS wrote:

Try removing some of the sand in the joints, brooming in some portland cement/sand mix. Dust it off well once the joints are full and sprinkle lightly with water. The cement will set up and seal the joints---no more sand loss.