laying down pavestones

Four inches of compressed base rock (3/4-). Then 1 inch of sand. Use a solid edging like lumber or Snap Edge. Set pavers. Then compress pavers into sand, fill gaps with fine sand, then seal with quality sealer like Sure Bond.

Reply to
M.Paul

I want to lay down some decorative brick/pavestone in my former flowerbed.

How is best way to get solid foundation before putting down this brick?

Reply to
stevef

Usually that means digging out at least 4 inches + the thickness of the paver of soil fill in 3½ inches with compacted crushed gravel and about an ½ inch of sand base.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Couple inches of crushed rock/gravel, then an inch of sand... Compact and level well. Lay the stones and sweep sand over to fill in the gaps.

Try Google.. you should get lots of hits.

Reply to
Noozer