laying down pavestones

I want to lay down some decorative brick/pavestone in my former flowerbed.
How is best way to get solid foundation before putting down this brick?
Four inches of compressed base rock (3/4-). Then 1 inch of sand. Use a solid edging like lumber or Snap Edge. Set pavers. Then compress pavers into sand, fill gaps with fine sand, then seal with quality sealer like Sure Bond.

stevef wrote:

Usually that means digging out at least 4 inches + the thickness of the paver of soil fill in 3 inches with compacted crushed gravel and about an inch of sand base.
--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

Couple inches of crushed rock/gravel, then an inch of sand... Compact and level well. Lay the stones and sweep sand over to fill in the gaps.
Try Google.. you should get lots of hits.