Lawnmower - Wont stay running

id take off the fuel bowl on carb, wash it out and clean out the passage in the bowl nut by blowing it out ,if its really plugged push a small tag wire thru it. lucas

Reply to
ds549

Hello! I have a Craftsman lawnmower (model 38883:

that has suddenly decided that it doesnt want to cut our grass. It will start, run for a second or two, and then sputter out. It does this on the first pull, as long as I prime it after every attempt.

So, my guess is that the fuel line is clogged. The problem with that theory is that, as far as I can see, there is no fuel line. Also, the lawnmower is only a couple months old, and has been used maybe 5 times, so it's not like I could have gas leftover from last year gunking it up or something.

So, does anyone else have any ideas? Anyone know anything specific about this model who can offer tips on de-gunking it if necessary? I may just take off the carb and see if I can access where it is sucking gas from, but if anyone has a beter idea I'd be gad to hear it. Thanks for any advice.

Thanks, Joe

Reply to
Joe Bott

So then who care what the problem is. That is the purpose of buying new products with warranties. The store will fix it for free.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

If it's off warranty, you might want to try a thimbul full of GUMOUT.

phil

Reply to
PHILIPWOLF

We got it working-well my husband did. He removed the carburetor and cleaned with carburetor cleaner and put it back. It starts up and stays running now. I am so happy because we only paid $35 for it at a yard sale yesterday. We took a risk buying it without knowing if it would work or not, but it paid off. Thanks to everyone for your advice.

Reply to
Terry Cox