lawnmower:problem with cutting my grass!!

Hey there all,

I have a slight problem when it comes to mowing my grass, a mechanical one of course ;) i crank the lawnmower up and ride over the grass, and engage the blades. the left side cuts just fine, but the right side doesnt seem to want to turn at all, i move the riding lawnmower over the where the grass is not as dense, and the blades start to pick up their speed again, just as normal. but as soon as i ride over taller grass ( no taller then 5inches or so) the blades on the right side, begin to slow once again... today I put more grease into both sides of the mower's blades, replaced the blades, and still the same problem, i tightened the bolt in which holds the blade, still the same problem, Im lost up to this point, and im ready for ne suggestions plz!

Thanks for hearing me out :D

Reply to
hello!

Belt drive likely - Check for worn or loose belts.

Inviato da X-Privat.Org - Registrazione gratuita

No

Do both blades rotate freely by hand?

If so either a worn belt or glazed pully (most likely based on your description of the problem).

If not the offending shaft mey need to be replaced if greasing didn't fix it.

Reply to
RayV

Check the belt first. Replace if worn.

The belt tension adjustment is out otherwise. The left blade pulley is "pulled" tight on the belt by the engine pulley, and the right blade pulley has the belt "fed" to it by the engine pulley, with the result that a loose belt will slack at the right pulley first, giving the symptoms you describe. The left pulley is slipping too, just at not as noticeable a rate.

Setting the tension properly should fix this.

You may be working against yourself too, with the applcation of grease. The shaft bearings are sealed rollers, they should not be "greased" - you may have grease on the belt & pulleys now.

Rob

Reply to
trainfan1

He said he greased the blades, not the spindle shafts.

Reply to
Steve Barker LT

He said he put "more grease INTO both sides of the mower's blades".

I can't see how either would help, even if putting grease into blades was possible. He had to mean into the blade shafts/spindles/bearings.

Rob

Reply to
trainfan1