Lawnmower leaking gas (toro)

I have a toro lawn mower. After a month of not using it, it first would not start for a while, then, after 10 minutes of trying, a trickle of gas started leaking through the filter (out of a thin red pipe in the carb intake).
Any idea what it is. This toro has been giving me a lot of stupid troubles over the years with one stupid thing breaking after another, so at this point I am reluctant to invest any more of my time into it unless it is something very simple.
thanks
On Sun, 22 Jul 2007 18:25:59 -0500, Ignoramus23517 wrote:

Needle valve in carburetor bowel stuck. Easy and quick to fix for a small engine repair person.

So, Do I take the bowl off to see that valve?
On Mon, 23 Jul 2007 08:49:38 -0500, Ignoramus3627 wrote:

Yes, the valve is a plunger with a conical point attached to the float. If you have any mechanical skills you should be able to look at how it works, if not take it to someone who does.

I have OK mechanical skills, I fixed a couple of diesel engines, etc. I just do not like this lawnmower any more. It just keeps breaking and breaking (not due to poor maintenance). I will think today if I want to spend more time on it or not.
On Mon, 23 Jul 2007 09:29:47 -0500, Ignoramus3627

I would try a carb cleaner on the valve, float, etc. Spray the area well and move the float up and down; while spraying the fluid. This can clean up a stuck valve/float, as a first alternative to "replacing parts".
-- Oren
"I didnt say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you."
id get rid of it if its a stupid mower.. a new one would work alot better.