Lawnmower Blade Adapter Removal

I was wondering if anyone knew how to remove the blade adapter from my Craftsman lawnmower? I need to replace the drive belt for the self propel, and I can't get the stupid adapter off. There is a debris shield under the adapter that covers the belt.
I don't want to force things, obviously, but I can't seem to figure this out. Any ideas? TIA
twalz68225 wrote:

Certainly you have the bolt & blade off...
The adapter is keyed & it can get corroded in there. Try a combination of knocks with a light ballpeen & prying with a crowbar. Don't pry too forcefully or you'll push in the bottom of the aluminum engine cover.
If possible, see if you can span that area with a 2x4 against the mower deck, so you can really apply some force with the crowbar.
I'm sure the repair shops have a puller that protects the blade bolt threads, if all else fails.
On Fri, 13 May 2005 00:44:44 GMT, "twalz68225"

www.craftsman.com

propel,
the
I've used a gear puller for this.