lawnboy m-series ignition coil gap

Anyone know what the ignition coil gap should be on a LawnBoy M-Series (model 680501)?
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Are you asking about the clearance between a magneto coil and the flywheel/magnets?
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat \'57 EE)
Yea.
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

My rule of thumb is to use three sheets of copy paper as a gage. Put them between the flywheel and the magneto, press together lightly, tighten the magneto fasteners and pull the paper out.
HTH,
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat \'57 EE)

I doubt there is actually any specs for that.
The paper method above is good or you can use a bit of thin cardboard from a breakfast cereal box.
Just remember to roll the flyweel all the way around to make sure it doesn't hit anywhere. Few flywheels are 100% perfectly round
AMUN
I use the flap of a spark plug box.
--

Christopher A. Young
Do good work.
Stormin Mormon wrote:

In place of dental floss...

For Briggs and Stratton, .010-.014". Your engine should be similar...
Thanks guys