Lawn Tractor Deck Paint?

I've got a Cub Cadet with 30 hrs. use on the deck. I took it off to clean it up last fall and couldn't believe the rust and pitting that had already started after just one season.

Question is can anybody recommend a type of paint to use on the deck? I'm thinking RustOleum but somebody mentioned that the spray on truck bedliner stuff is good? Any thoughts on paint and primer? Thanks snappa

Reply to
snapperhead

At least once a season, usually as part of the Winter storage thing, I take off the blades, clean the deck with a lot of water and a wire brush, and spray Rustoleum where needed. I don't use a primer.

Dave M.

Reply to
David Martel

An epoxy would last the longest , but will anything last, maybe not.

Reply to
m Ransley

Why do you want to paint your dick?

Reply to
lincoln

From the world of Jeeping, a lot of folks put down the herculiner stuff as a protectant. Primarily used inside the vehicle although a number have installed it outside and in the wheel wells etc... Supposedly with good results. Another product you might look for is called POR-15. This is basically a paint that locks the rust down and prevents it from expanding. A lot of folks in the 4 Wheeler world swear by this stuff. I've always just gone the Rustoleum route myself but then again, I live in

15% humidity pretty much year round. Cheers, cc
Reply to
James "Cubby" Culbertson