lawn sprinkler, pressure problem

If just one sprinkler head among several in a single zone has low pressure, and I already replaced the popup assembly for good measure, do I have to start digging to find the problem? Thx.

Hi, If you have a compressor, how about blowing out the lines in that zone? Kink in the pipe? Tony

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Did you replace the entire sprinkler; body & spray nozzle?

If so, remove the sprinkler head & attach a short piece of hose / tube to the riser to check the flow.

I finally replaced a suspect head after seeing a minor leak for a couple years. The sprinkler body had a crack in it that was "jetting" an underground cavern. The line to the head had accumulated some fines as well.

I blew it all out with the water pressure.& the worked fine with the new head.

cheers Bob

Reply to
BobK207

accumulated some "fines"? Hmm.

I'm not sure if this is your suggestion, but you gave me the idea to attach a hose to the riser, shunt the water from the riser away, and see if additional water still percolates up from a leak that would be sapping the pressure. OK then.

-B

In alt.home.repair on Tue, 31 May 2005 02:29:33 GMT "B" posted:

I have no experience in this, but before you start digging, can't you take out the whole head, turn on the water, and see if the water spurts up? Depending on the diameter of the hole I would think it would go up between 4 inches and 6 feet.

Meirman

-- If emailing, please let me know whether or not you are posting the same letter. Change domain to erols.com, if necessary.

Reply to
meirman