lawn mower won't self propel

You need to take up running as a hobby, then following along behind the law nmower won't seem too fast!! The only real practical way to change the mower speed is to slow down the engine speed. You could try changing the b elt pulley on the transmission if you really can't keep up and you don't wa nt to change the engine speed.

Reply to
hrhofmann

Some mowers have adjustable drive speed. Often a second handle up near the operator. Other times, just have to use the engine throttle to slow down the entire system.

I remember one mower we had at church. The custodian had the ground speed set to max. I remember using the mower, and spending all my energy pulling back on the mower, trying to get it to slow down. I did finally find the ground speed control handle.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon