lawn mower stalls unless I tip it!

A lawnmower I have stalls every minute or 3 unless I am going up-hill or I push the handle down and lift the front of the mower up. It does this whether the tank is full or almost empty, afaict.
It's a push mower. It uses a Briggs & Stratton engine, about 2 or 2 1/2 HP, with the spark-plug on the front, and the small gas tank on the right front (the side away from me on the right when I am holding the handlebar.) It has a rubber bulb button that I press 3 times, or 4 or 5) before trying to start the engine. The engine starts easily.
Tipping the mower up to the left will also keep it running. Because my end-of-group townhouse lawn is very small, I can still finish, but is there a solution for this?
Meirman
If emailing, please let me know whether or not you are posting the same letter. Change domain to erols.com, if necessary.
Meirman,
Well you are being busy. It's good to work on that to do list sometimes. I'd look at the float and float valve in the sediment bowl of your carb. The valve may be sticking closed until you tip the mower.
Good luck, Dave M.
Well then run it tipped, or take it in for repair, probably the float
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (m Ransley) wrote in message

you could try adding 16 inch wheels to the front, or easier still, just use it on hills....
Good chance the tank has water in it. The water sinks to the bottom. Sloshing the contents lets gas enter the carb.
Try draining the tank and airing it out until it is dry.